Saturday, April 2, 2011

Earth hour and Food..


Just a little update on stuff I've been doing while Ruby has been growing. So earth hour comes around and thought i would do a few night shots however not all the lights are turned out...
Taken on Fitzmaurice Street Wagga Wagga 2011. A few cars pass by and so makes for fun. On Fitzmaurice a car turns in front of me as others continue..o the hour is over and now into my next up and coming passion...FOOD!
I bought Leilani a recipe book and am finding that I am enjoying cooking more and more...

Above is seared duck in 5 spice with udon noodle..yum! however will change the recipe a little next time and cook for less time..
This is a Indian spiced beef curry which my wife informed me she does not need to buy curry of this nature anymore as the taste is delicious. I have also cooked a Texas rack of ribs, Lamb & beef Koftas, Egg & fennel potato salad and Croquet monsieur with prosciutto and Gorgonzola.

This one is skewered lemon, rosemary and dukkah lamb with a ricotta salad.  As some may know I am a little fussy but am finding that I am willing to try more and more things. I want to show my girl that her Papa can cook too.
 In saying that I cooked this little number, Chicken thighs stuffed with pistachio nuts and chilli rapped with prosciutto and found it Divine... all i added on top was a salad with some roasted Turkish bread and let the taste buds do the rest.....man it was nice!!!
So to finish the I thought i would show you my first ever effort ( but by no means the last) my tomato relish with a nice chilli after taste... everyone seems to like so more coming up soon. Well not much else happening lately except the food & wine festival where Ruby was running everywhere, a great day had by all.... I will endeavour to show more food as its cooked.



No comments: